1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Another scratched DVD..What do I need?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lazybay, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lazybay

lazybay Thread Starter

Hi there,
    Our DVD collection is getting wrecked by small children getting them out, leaving them out, putting them back....scratching them everytime. Is there anything out there where we can load our collection and access them without the need to touch the DVD after the initial load. I've looked at DVD recorders with a HDD, Lifebox from Maplins, external hard drives and still not absolutely sure whether I'm going down the right route? I've got used to loading my CD music onto my MP3 player, now I need a DVD version for the TV! Any help to point out the obvious to me would be much appreciated.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

DVDs are copy-protected which prevents any type of copying. There's no technology-related solution to the problem. Perhaps after your kids wreck a few of their favorite movies, and their parents don't replace them, they'll handle them more carefully.

3. tony007

tony007 Banned

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice