1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, Any Radeon 9700 Pro users in here...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sifter, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

Hi all....

Yesterday I purchased a Radeon 9700 Pr0 and wanted some tips that may help it run a lot better.

First thing my PC Stats..

AMD 2.2 XP Cpu,
    1 GIG DDR Ram,
    Radeon 9700 Pro,
    SoundBlaster Live,
    MSI K 3 Ultra 2 Mobo,
    Direct X 9
    The latest ATI Radeon Drivers.

I installed the latest ATI cataliyst drivers and the Control Pannel etc. How ever I have some small problems. Its running fine but its not running as expected considering its running slower than that off a G-Force 4 TI 4600 which was my previous card.

I just wondered what can I do to improve performance but still maintain a good quality Image with hight FPS wilst gaming. My FPS are around 80 - 90 On Games like MOHAA, but even my G-Force was better.

Also do you have this problem:-

If I right click on my screen and go to Display Properties/ Settings then click on Advanced my monitor goes blank wile it opens the Control Pannel for the ATI card "Does yours do this" if not then any Ideas why my screen goes blank for 2 - 3 seconds etc.

Any other info regarding the ATI Radeon such as help full links would be great...

Thx Troops..

Pvt.J.Rhyan @ Sifter

2. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

3. Rockn

Rockn

4. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

It dint answer any of my problems so has any one else got similar problems or tweaks or any info about the Advanced tab and why my screen goes blank when it loads Control Pannel

Thx for Reply Rockn

5. Rockn

Rockn

Disable or shut down your AV software. Have you gone into the BIOS and set your AGP apeture and speed correctly? Turn off all shadowing in the BIOS also. There are quite a few BIOS tweaks that will make it run better. Have you run Dxdiag to see if the drivers were up to snuff?

6. sifter

sifter Thread Starter

Ive set my Bios up etc as per the best way for running my card. As for Anti Virus I dont run it..

I found out that my Card uses a lot of power so I purchased a new 400 Watt 20 Amp Power supply and it makes a hell of a difference. But my old 300 Watt at 14 Amp will hide out for a wile.

Still cant figure out why my screen goes blank wile it loads the ATI control pannel with in Display Properties / Settings/ Advanced.. My friend has the same card and his dont do it...

Um..Thx for help..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice