Help! application sharing over a network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greenerdoc

I have 2 computers networked through a router. I would like to use one of my two computers as an MP3 player with the sound card connected to my stereo. I will access the files through the network. (I only have one monitor) I was told I could share the MP3 player application through my LAN. I do not know how I can select the MP3 on one computer and output through the sound card on the other into the stereo.

First, you need the application to play the MP3's on the PC with the sound card. Set up file and printer sharing on the PC with the files on it. can you see resources form both computers when looking in Network Neighborhood?

I don't know how you would share an MP3 player on a network. You can allways share the music files them selves through a network. You could also run a program like PC Anywhere that would let you run one of the computers remotely from a different one.

greenerdoc

I can see the files through my network neighborhood, but when I call them up, they play on my current computer and not through the sound card on the computer they are stored on. I was told to use VNC which is like PC anywhere, but have not gotten t to work. Someone did tell me that it is possible to share an application,such as an mp3 player through the network. Then that application would be associated with the other sound card and then play through my stereo. I know there is an easy way. I just need to find the person who knows it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online