1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help appreciated...problem uninstalling programs with Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by XP2Vista2XP, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XP2Vista2XP

XP2Vista2XP Thread Starter

New Vista user here, on a new Compaq Presario(HP) desktop. Seem to have problem after problem. Lastest issue is I have Adobe Creative Suite 2 installed; several programs including Photoshop. There is a problem with programs loading due to some serial number issue. Program closes and I can't rectify issue. Adobe told me to uninstall and reinstall.

Under "Programs & Features" when I click on any of the Adobe programs, there is no tab available for "uninstall". Same situation with several other loaded and pre-loaded programs.

HP support guy (from India) told me to "purchase the Norton and Office 2007 upgrades, then I can uninstall those pesky trial programs" WTF!! I kid you NOT! Also had no recommendations for the CS2 uninstall problem.

Driving me NuTs!!:eek:

Anyone have any advice? Thanks !

Mike

2. Jscuzza

Jscuzza

So when you highlight the program and right click does it say change/unintsall or nothing at all??

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

Try Navigating to the following Key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Browse the product code GUIDs, see if there is an "uninstall string" present in the registry for the products you cannot find an uninstall option for. If there is one, you should be able to copy and paste it to a CMD prompt and thus perform the uninstall

4. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

You can also a 3rd party uninstaller product like "Your Uninstaller 2006" for uninstalling.

6. devil_himself

devil_himself

Sorry ,Sithtradumas ...... same time of posting

7. Sithtradmus

Sithtradmus

lol no problem..only thing that matters is solving them...

8. XP2Vista2XP

no... nothing on there except the "organize" and "views" tabs.
    Some programs like Yahoo messenger, when highlighted, the "uninstall" button does appear.

9. XP2Vista2XP

What is the general feeling about Vista out here?
    I think it is cool, but I seem to have new problems to deal with every few days. Java problems, etc.

10. Jscuzza

Jscuzza

Vista has some amazing features which are really user friendly, but then it also has some annoying features, that have good intent behind them but are uncomplete. For example, when I installed Vista almost all my hardware, minus the sound, came preloaded.

And the UAC great idea, except when ask me if I wanna do something like open a properties windows EVERY TIME, heh.

11. Adrift

Adrift

This seems to be a common problem that a lot of Vista users are having, but that's hard to diagnose and explain. You may also notice that some programs are not even listed any longer in "Programs and Features" if you noticed them being there in the first place. Currently, i don't think there's any solution, but wait for Microsoft to notice the issue and resolve it in a patch or something. Here's a thread on the same issue I posted on http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/576950-unistall-button-missing.html

12. Airfare

Airfare

I can't seem to Uninstall limewire in Windows vista. any thoughts?

13. devil_himself

devil_himself

Airfare , Please Start Your Own Thread !

Also Read TSG Rules !

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice