1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help ASAP PC is on but no display to monitor and keyboard and mouse dont work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zunicorn, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

Recently, my computer has been messing up lately and it doesnt seem to work as per usual. The symptoms are that when i turn it on, all the fans work inside and all but my monitor doesnt display anything and along with that, my keyboard and mouse dont work. I've tested with another monitor already and changed the ram slots and all but can't seem to find the problem.

PC Specs
    Motherboard - Gigabyte Z87X-HD3
    Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz
    Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    RAM - Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

@flavallee I need your help along with others. Please!

3. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

@Triple6 I need your help too, just anyone help me. Im stressing out.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have access to another power supply to swap in as a test? Can you remove the video card and connect your monitor to the motherboard video ports? Your CPU does have integrated graphics, you may have to clear the CMOS settings to get it to kick in though.

5. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

alright thank you, I will try now.

6. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

I've removed the main gpu and used the intergrated gpu but nothings happening. Could it be the motherboard or hdd causing the issue? Keyboard and Mouse don't work along with the monitor so I would think its mobo but I cannot tell.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Probably not the hard drive but you can and should disconnect all the drives, remove any USB devices aside from the keyboard, remove any other cards, card readers, printers, and disconnect any USB, firewire, and audio headers, etc.

Have you tried another power supply? I'd suspect the power supply before the motherboard.

8. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

Ah, I don't have the money to buy another psu and if thats not the problem then rip. Thanks for the help anyways. Ill just bring it to the nearest computing technician. Thank You!

9. Zunicorn

Zunicorn Thread Starter

Hi, every time I try shutting the computer down by holding the power button, it restarts instead of just turning off.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

What exact pw supply do you have currently installed? Do not post "500W" Post the exact brand and model#

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have any friends or family that would be willing to let you borrow their power supply for testing?

And as mentioned above, what power supply do you have now?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice