1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by C-budz, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C-budz

C-budz Thread Starter

Lately I have been having a problem with my display.
    Everytime I input anything into the computer, wether it be clicking on something or typing something, it causes my monitor to flicker or turn off then turn back on.
    As well when i look at video or if there is an animated advertizement on a webite it either turns my monitor off or it goes all glitchy and fuzzy.
    either way i can barely use my computer because it keeps going black or its too wiggly to see what is on the screen. I have looked everywhere on the net for this symptom but havent found anything. Has anyone ever heard of this or seen this before and know either what the problem is and or how to fix it?

If you need clarification of the symptoms or need me to explain further I will
    Thanks

I should also note that it is not a problem with the monitor, at least i dont think, because i have switched monitors and it produces the exact same problem

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The problem may relate to your video card or video adapter, since it does it on more than one monitor.

Could you perhaps give some indication of the computer hardware (make and model) or the video card in use?

3. C-budz

C-budz Thread Starter

AMD athlon xp 3200+
    2.18 GHz 1 gb ram

not sure about video card

This has been a problem for about a week now, and this computer is well over a year old (in essence its a problem i've never had before)

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It would be worth trying to reload the video drivers, but without knowledge of what the hardware actually is, we can't advise.

Download and run Belarc, it should give you a list of what you have.
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

5. C-budz

C-budz Thread Starter

2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7N8X-E REV 2.xx
    Bus Clock: 197 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 [Display adapter]

I'm unsure of whatelse you need to know?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice