1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Awardbootlock

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by keebs, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keebs

keebs Thread Starter

This morning i booted my computer up and it says Award Bootlock Bios 1.0 and it just stays there and thats the only thing that comes up. Afterwords i tryed restarting the battery and it went through , i went to the desktop cleared any possible spyware or virus's (have win xp) and i restarted and now it does the same thing can anyone help ASAP PLZZ thank you

edit - I REPLACED THE BATTERY STILL THE SAME THING!

edit - i have a gigabyte ga-7s748-L

sis748

2. pincmonkey

pincmonkey Banned

im not sure what you mean by "restarting the battery" does this come before the login screen? Try unplugging your computer for 2 minutes and then plugging it back in (will erase cmos/bios)

3. keebs

keebs Thread Starter

by restarting the battery i meen taking out the silver circle thing... and it comes up when i turn on the computer thats the ONLY thing that is there

4. pincmonkey

pincmonkey Banned

did you try unplugging it for 2 minutes? Not turning it off, unplugging it.

5. keebs

keebs Thread Starter

yes i did that

6. SP9999

SP9999

What is the boot order in your Bios?

7. keebs

keebs Thread Starter

its cd,floppy,hd at least what i remember of , but i cant do ANYTHING as soon as i turn it on it shows that screen please someone help

8. SP9999

SP9999

Are you able to flash the Bios with the most current version?

9. zmaster

zmaster

I'm just wondering whether you have actually cleared cmos to start with? did you shift any jumpers? what motherboard do you have? My understanding of booklock errors was that your bios has become corrupted to receive this error. Flashing it is probably one way of fixing it, but do you flash with your current version of bios or an upgraded one?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice