1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help backing up hard drive BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jasonandamy, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonandamy

jasonandamy Thread Starter

We have a dell Inspiron 9300. We keep getting the BSOD with the system 32 error. We don't have the OS disc, just the disc from dell. So we know we are going to have to set the computer back to factory settings. However, we want to get our pictures off of the hard drive before we do this.
    We were thinking of using an enclosure to get the pictures off of the hard drive. Has anyone ever used one before? Also, how do we know what kind of hard drive we have ( PATA/EIDE..etc) to know which enclosure will work with the hard drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated! We want to save our wedding and honeymoon pictures!!!

2. jernathius

jernathius

there is a device out now that will allow you to slave either one using usb port - it is a USB 2.0 TO SATA/IDE adaptor - it works with ide, sata, and laptop hard drives - i use one almost daily and i love it - you can get it online - we carry them in the store for 30 bucks - cool thing is you never have to shut your system down to slave in the hard drive - for me that is a big thing because i may slave in 5 a day sometimes- anyway - that is one route you can go

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/633454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice