1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Bad sound on new Acer Aspire 5672WLMi Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gman7420, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gman7420

Gman7420 Thread Starter

Got my 5672WLMi last week and out of the box the sound worked fine on boot. But the minute I started playing a game or a media file it starts breaking up and stays that way. I work in IT so did the following things:

Updated to the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers
    Uninstalled and re-installed the sound device
    Updated to latest Bios
    Restored to factory settings
    Clean format and re-install of XP Pro SP2

None of these worked. Could it be a hardware problem?

2. winbob

winbob

I'm guessing that you mean that the sound is "Stuttering"???

If so, the moat probable cause is that the "LOAD" that the game puts on the Laptop is too much for it to process the sound properly. In normal laptops the sound and video are onboard units (size issues). So, when doing heavy processing, the onboard units are impacted negatively.

Most lappies are not for gaming. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/473729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice