1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! - Battlefield locksup

Discussion in 'Games' started by blaster900, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blaster900

blaster900 Thread Starter

Hi! I'm having a huge problem with Battlefield 1942. Everytime I try to load the Instant Mission it seems to freeze while loading and the escape button won't respond and I end up having to restart my computer. I was able to get into the Campaign mode but after only 5 minutes it too locks-up and again I have to restart. My computer meets all the system requirements (192 RAM, 750Mhz, with Duron Processor) including a new GeForce 4 MX 440 video card. I can watch the opening trailer with no problems and adjust controls but as soon as I try to play the game the fun starts..
    I have no clue why it's not working.. can anyone help me???

blaster900

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

It's a great game, unfortunately your system isn't even close to what is needed. If you check out some BF boards you will see people constantly complaining about problems

I have an AMD AthlonXP 1800, 512mb ram, 32mb Geforce2 GTS. I have to run at 800 x 600 to get acceptable framerates. If I play on a server with more than 36 players, in high action my framerate drops into the teens.

Try setting your details/textures lower, go for 16bit color, and lower your screen res. You may have to knock your sound quality down also. Before starting the game, shut down as many running programs as you can thru Task Manager. Try more ram.

It's a cool game but the actual hardware requirements are a bit steep.

3. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime

No wonder the maps are so small. I have the Demo Version and also the Full Game and most of the maps on the full game are smaller than the Demo versions map,lol. And the Battle of Midway's map is not even funny...

4. GLiO

GLiO

For a game of it's magnitude, I think the requirements are just fine. You have to keep in mind what is going on in the game. ie: players locations/with jeeps/planes/on foot/boats/tanks.. You need lots of RAM. If your running WinXP you need at least 256mb becuz WinXP uses 128mb itself. So I think the system requirements are just fine. It's time for people to upgrade now anyways, all the new games are made for higher end machines. It's those people with 500mhz computers that limit our games. Developers want to branch out to more people so they have to tone down their great games. If no one pushed the hardware limits, we'd never get any great new games.
    Are you sure you have played the game? The maps are huge. Maps like El Alemein, Bocage and many others are gigantic. You must be referring to Stalingrad and Berlin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice