Help before I Donate it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twizzie

It has been a long week with my computer, been trying to fix it. I felt acheived today when i reformatted and reinstalled my legal copy of windows xp home. it worked, not errors whatsoever. However, i cannot use about 85% of programs that i need to use, 75% of that being itunes, because windows sp2 will just not install. Yes, i have activated windows and validated, its totally not conterfeit. When i use windows update to download it it comes down to about 50% done (gets my on my toes) and then it gives any annoying error, saying it couldn't read or write to or from the database.

Please note that this computer is probably hopeless, it breaks down every month. I've made it myself bout three christmases ago

Stoner

Banned
A suggestion.........download XP SP2 to your hard drive and install it from there.
XP_sp2

I've upgraded to sp 3 with good results.
XP_sp3

i find when i reinstall windows xp home, alot of the time i get that error when download new SP updates. i just redownload it a few times and it eventualy works.
try again, and see what happens.

twizzie

I tried downloading it from the microsoft website didn't work the first time and the second time. The third one was almost a charm but no luck froze halfway thru
I plan on buying a pavillion laptop but it would still be nice to keep the comp I built. I will keep on trying to get this thing done. Also the other times I reinstalled windows and I had installed virus scanne fierst and when I was installing drivers 4 speakers WLAN card and vid card it had told me my registry was changed and chkdsk was run the next time I re boot my comp. Maybe that'll help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online