1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! black screen wont go away!! error message

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gregs619, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregs619

gregs619 Thread Starter

well, im running windows vista Home Edition on a Sony Vaio VGN-N31L/W... my prob is that for about 3-4 weeks when i try to start my computer i get this black screen with this message:

"SMART failure Predicted on Hard Disk 2 : Hitachi HTS54161219SA00
    Warning: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive.
    Afailure my be imminent

press F1 to continue"

well since then i havent been able to find the problem and my computers has been freezing, and acting crazy... i had a few probs b4 and had to format my comp, so i tried to format it and the screen never goes away!!! i looked around for the hitachi drive and located it, but what do i do now??? since this problem i get "com surrogate failure" errors and "crcdisk" error messages every 15 min... im lost. i dont want to take the comp in because its working now, but its just a matter of time until its screwed up again... but im sure with the knowlege u guys have u can help me out;) so at this point i just formatted my comp AGAIN and still the screen comes up nd i have to push f1 to get into the comp. please help

2. ohheck

ohheck

have you installed the new hard drive yet?

3. gregs619

gregs619 Thread Starter

im not exactly sure how to go about doing that. i dont know if im supposed to actually go out and buy one or if its something thats i can recover thats already built in. like when i formatted my comp, it already had everything ready to install again. one thing i like about vista. please help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!