1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, blue screen while installing vista ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mikewu101, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikewu101

mikewu101 Thread Starter

I restart comp to install vista, it loads all the files and then shows the splash screen but then it freeze on the splash screen and shows a blue screen of "machine check exception error" seconds later after the freeze

I also tried installing from windows 2003 server and it loads all the file and stuff..then it restarts and freezes on the splash screen also

Now my comp is messed up >.< i always need to put in vista disc to boot to my windows 2003 serv or windows xp pro

During installation, i have nothing plugged in, i unplugged sound, printer, internet..just mouse keyboard and moniter plugged (and power!)

Anyone got ideas?

Heres my specs
    AMD 3500+ 64bit
    1GB DDR400 ram
    3* 160GB hard drives (2 IDE and 1 SATA)
    nVidia 6200 AGP video card
    1 DVD-Rw and 1 CD-RW

Help~!~ ^.~

2. mikewu101

mikewu101 Thread Starter

No one knows :/ ?

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I'd give this a read.

Its for NT and XP mostly but I'd say the same is true Vista.

Vista is also very memory intensive so one bad bit that wasn't ever detected in XP or older MS OSes are more prone to surface in XP, thats where I would start. Use a program like Memtest http://www.memtest.org/ to have a look.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!