1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Broken computer with no back up

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by MissDistress, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDistress

MissDistress Thread Starter

Hi, i need help my husband spilt beer on my toshiba satellite on tuesday night and i did not find out utnil wednesday evening. I wiped it down and probably stupidly turned it on to see the damage. The computer was working fine but the key board not at all. It would either not type anything or very random keys by itself. I left it to dry til this morning and the result was the same. Although i noticed i think that it would charge by itself and had to be switched on. Then my husband, not realizing he had done enough damage took all the keys off individually and took out the battery. i think he did this when it was on. Now it wont even switch on. The only light that works is the charge light. I am in so much trouble as stupidly i do not have back up and have all my work data on the laptop for my own business. What should i do? The other big problem is that i am not in the uk, but in Doha visiting him. There are some computer shops but the language barrier is difficult and i dont know what to tell them to do or whether to trust them. PLEASE somebody help me as i am in so much trouble. Thanks

2. Windsor2010

Windsor2010

Remove the hard drive from the damaged machine and put it into another computer.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Or connect it via a USB connector to another computer, if you find no-one wants you taking a screwdriver to their computer after saying that yours is suddenly broken.

The workshops ought to be able to handle that (I don't know what things are like in Doha) but if you can afford to wait till you get back home, it would probably be worth doing so. Don't try to get the actual machine fixed up there, it'll be too much trouble and too much risk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice