help:burn 800mb in 700mb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
you'd more than likely have to create a zip file to make it smaller for it to be used on a cd unless you've got a dvd burner then your gonna have to zip it to make it smaller for burning

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Can you put a gallon of water in a three quart pail? Probably not. ;)

Zip it (it still may be too big) or use a DVD or try streching the CD :confused: :p :D :confused: . To answer your question in 1 word: No.

prakash2119

I think no one answered my question but I have found this when I googled

Has it ever happened to you? You have a movie on your hard drive and want to send a copy to a friend or relative – but it won’t fit on a CD! Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn is an easy solution for this problem.

With Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn you simply enter the target output size for your video file and tell the program to store it on your hard disk or burn it directly to a CD. It can read and compress any video file that you can play with Windows Media Player®. It converts your file into the MPEG4 format, that uses the latest video technologies to achieve superlative quality even with small file sizes. The CD burning function supports multi-session CDs and over 1,500 CD burners.

Many video compression programs ask you to set many confusing technical parameters yourself. This often means that you have to spend a lot of time experimenting until you find the right settings to produce the results you want. Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn can adjust all the settings for you. All you have to do is decide how big you want the output file to be – the program then automatically calculates the right settings for producing the best quality at that file size.

Together with the integrated CD burning function this makes archiving videos and movies on CD easier than ever before. Just select your files and make two simple clicks, then lean back and relax. Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn handles all the complicated settings for you in the background, and can also compress your movie so that it will fit on a single CD!

Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn runs on Windows® 98, Me, 2000 and XP.

http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/products/php/product.php?session_langid=2&idstring=0037

I think no one answered my question
Everyone answered your question.
"can we burn a 800mb video file(dat) in a 700mb capacity cd?"
"You'll have to make it smaller"
"zip it to try and make it fit a CD"
"No"

Which bit didn't you understand?

Your question wasn't very descriptive, sorry for bad answers. The weird program there probably makes the quality lower then burns it, so its not really more than the CD can hold.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Moby said:
Yep, you can get 800mb/90 minute CD's.
You pay dearly for 90 and 99 minute CD media, seems silly with DVD writers and media going for much less.

They are not that expensive over here, dear in relation to normal Cd's maybe but an option for someone without a DVD burner.
I agree though. CD's have had their day.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I was referring to the fact that I can have DVD media for about 30-40 cents, and I'd pay much more for the high-capacity CD-R media, usually over a dollar each.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online