1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help, cannot open windows inside a window

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by paulaentw, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulaentw

paulaentw Thread Starter

Hi, newbie here. I resubscribed to Norton anti virus a few days ago, and ever since I cannot open a window within a window, or link to another window within a site. I am very much a newbie so be kind. The pop up blocker is off, but when trying to access my email or any other sites when I click on the link I get a new screen that is blank and on the bottom left corner of the original window I was in is an error message. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Paula

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Have you tried turning Norton off temporarily and see what happens?

buck

3. tj416

tj416

Welcome to the TSG!:)

Try this, Go to My Documents, Click on view, choose custom and click on settings. In the new window and under 'browse folder as follows', select 'open each folder in the same window' and then click ok.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

what's the error message?

is this only when your on the internet or email?

buck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/305213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice