1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help ! can't download games or websites

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by crittercutter, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crittercutter

crittercutter Thread Starter

I am not real computer smart, I need to be guided for fixes, I keep getting this program cant be downloaded due to security settings, have done everything it tells me still no good, also my applet for yahoo games wont work, and cant download anything due to my security settings, any one out there that can tell me step by step what to do ??? I have been sent to several websites to check my security system out...I dont understand a word of what it is trying to say, or which program out of the fifty to download to correct problem, I can take a collect call if someone is willing to help, Called Dell, and my ISP they wont help without me spending 200.00 for a maintenance prog, NO Way! Please help I miss my POGO

2. Timmy69

Timmy69

go to:
    Control Panel
    double clicks Internet Option
    click Security tab
    reset security level to medium
    go to Privacy tab
    reset settings back to medium
    click Advanced tab
    make sure have check mark by: Java, in all of Multimedia (if need)
    check only in Security: check certificate, check signature, use SSL, use TLS, warn about certificate, warn if POST, enable integrated authetication, enable XMLHTTP (can do all this by using Restore Advanced Setting)
    next check your which ever firewall setting you have

3. crittercutter

Well timmy69, didi what you said, still nothing, my IE explorer crashes just as game would be coming up, also on the bar where it says opening page at the end it says no java applet. still keeps saying my security settings wont allow this download, I cant even re install IE or java cant download anything to help at all....any more tips???:eek::confused::(

4. crittercutter

also timmy 69 why does my active x approval come up every time I hit the enter key, man that is really making me mad

5. Timmy69

Timmy69

so how did you solve this? post your finding and share with everyone ^^

6. crittercutter

Hi, timmy69 I still cant download games, or programs, or applications, no updates, and the active x yes or no thing comes up every sec. I dont know what to do, I miss my pogo. my cookies are enabled, it tells me their not, java is installed but applet wont allow me to play games, tells me security settings prevent me from accessing and downloading programs. or cookies need to be enabled, I am going crazy here !!!!:mad::mad:

7. Timmy69

Timmy69

um, how come the thread shows as "Solved" ????

8. crittercutter

Hi again Timmy69: I dont know, that was there w/your reply last time.

9. Timmy69

Timmy69

ok what you can do at the mean time is download and install another web browser, then download the java applet from sun
    install them both and test to see if you can still play your online game
    also try to recall what event happen prior to this situation, such as changes that you make to the system

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I've removed the Solved label from the thread for you.

If you have Internet Explorer 7, go to Tools and then Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset button, then click on Reset again.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You should also go to Add or Remove Programs and remove all old versions of Java, there may be a few. Then download the latest Java from here: http://www.java.com/en/

12. crittercutter

Hi, Timmy69, Me again...that is the problem, cant download, can I copy to disk firefox, or what ever browser you suggest, from another computer and where can I find these that will allow me to copy so i can copy and put on my computer....Thanks again so much. Dana

13. crittercutter

Triple6, Thank you also I am trying that right now!

14. crittercutter

triple six>>>>> restore defaults.....same thing as reset? correct?

15. Timmy69

Timmy69

if very desperate, you can go to a local library and access internet there
    down load the broser installation software into a USB drive, and take it back with you
    you can install and see if this new browser can access the feature with IE7 or not.
    if it can then there is something wrong with IE7
    if it can't then there must be some security features that we have to change somewhere

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice