Help! Can't get new build to work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikeyb1800

Hi,
Bought this stuff from Newegg last week. Just can't get it to go. Bios picks up HDD but won't go through post sequence. Can't even format my Maxtor HD with the Maxtor CD. Seems like something is blocking access to the HDD. All help appreciated. Does anybody see any compatability issues?
Mike

CPU INTEL|C2D E6400 2.13G 775 2M R
35-200-012 CPU FAN ROSEWILL|RCX-Z2 RTL
13-131-142 MB ASUS P5N-E SLI NF650I SLI 775
14-143-070 VGA BFG 7900GS 256M BFGR79256GSOCE
17-104-954 PSU FSP|AX450-PN 450W RTL
22-148-140 HD 320G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3320620AS
20-609-026 MEM 1Gx2|STT DII800 T800UX2GC4

Maxtor software for Seagate drive, I doubt that makes any sense and 1 out of every 2 Seagate satas I have used recently were dead out of the box.
Also the ram is unknown and I wonder if you matched the board to it? Conroe boards are really fussy on ram and very little works with them.

mikeyb1800

Thank you,
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I had a Maxtor that I was Using for my c: drive. The Seagate was an additional purchase. I had read back at some of the previous posts and took the advice of removing everything and reinstalling with sequence, rebooting as I went along. All seems to be working fine now, I think is was the memory modules. I tried using just the one stick then once the sysytem was up I installed the other. The problem I have now is that if I put 2 hd's on 1 cable, I'm only getting the master to show on bios. I have to say this Mobo is a bear to work on, seems that when you want to switch something out you have to remove about 5 other things. Very cramped.
Mike

mikeyb1800

Just a quick note on the mobo memory slots. There are 4 slots with 2 different colours. I wasn't sure how to pick what slots to use???
Mike:confused:

mikeyb1800

Thank you,
When I selected the mobo on newegg, the memory modules came up as a rec purchase.
Mike

mikeyb1800 said:
Just a quick note on the mobo memory slots. There are 4 slots with 2 different colours. I wasn't sure how to pick what slots to use???
Mike:confused:
Alternate the slots...if 2 sticks of ram use 1 and 3 which gives you dual channel if the sticks are the same.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online