Help!!! Can't Get Rid Of Flashgot!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liltsunami

I have been trying to rid my system of FlashGot for 2 days now. I followed the directions and removed it from my add-ons list (Tools\Add-ons\FlashGot\Uninstall). I have also removed any instance I can find of it in about:config. Everything seems fine until I reboot my computer. Whenever I restart, the fricking thing is back and that stupid webpage is there when I open Firefox. I have tried Norton GoBack but I noticed that it gets reinstalled everytime Windows is restarted. I am thinking that I need to erase whatever was put onto my computer when I accidentally clicked OK to download it because I think that it is telling my system to install it every time I boot up. I have done a computer-wide search for "flashgot" and deleted everything I found relating to it. I reinstalled Firefox a bazillion times. I don't know what else to do to get rid of thing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Does it open if you run Firefox in safe mode?
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
Next, create a new profile and see if that helps.
When you uninstall Firefox, it doesn't delete your profile folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online