HELP!!! Cant login

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladytia_24

I had a virus ad used spybot search and destroy. I selected to fix the problem, it asked me to resart the computer, and now i can't get passed the log in sreen. It'll try to boot up but logs me right back off. Help

Every PC is a little different on how to boot from CD,

1. Enter the bios and set the cdrom as first boot device, save changes on exit.

or

2. Use a keystroke at the very beginning of the PC starting to bring up the one time boot menu, then select cdrom from the list and hit enter. You need to tap this key many times during the POST (boot) process.

every pc manufacturer is different on what the keystroke is for the one time boot menu

here are some to try

F12

DEL

ESC

ladytia_24

i is an hp computer f8 brings me to a black screen with options like start in smart mode. on the blue screen i did put in the boot order to run usb cd rom first and saved my changes but nothin. think it could be te disc didn't download properly?

not usb cdrom, it should just be cdrom.

The screens are all different on each make and model of PC, but it should be in a section called "boot order"

ladytia_24

ok i still can't get it to d what yo told me to. it's still showing up as usb cdrom not jus cd

ok i still can't get it to d what yo told me to. it's still showing up as usb cdrom not jus cd
how much of all my stff should i expect to lose
Is the cdrom a usb one ?

You will lose everything you have collected since it was new, so you need to save anything you don't want to lose to another storage device.

Try finding the one time boot menu, HP I think it is ESC key, not sure.

ladytia_24

that was me that pm you. i'm looing under boot options and i know you say it souldn'tsay usb cd rom but it does which is intresting because it says usb for the floppy the superdik and the hard disk also they all say usb. Inever did get the usb port to read my flash drive either, but back to biggest issue. under boot order it says, notebook multibay, notebook hard drive, usb floppy, usb superdisk, usbcd-rom, usb hard disk, notebook ethernet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online