1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Can't open Outlook Email URLS or links anymore...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jiffyxpop, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiffyxpop

jiffyxpop Thread Starter

Hi,
    I recently added a Mozilla browser to my Win XP desktop, decided I didn't like it, and removed it. I went back to using the Internet Explorer browser. I use MS Outlook. Before I installed and then removed Mozilla, it used to be I could click on a URL link in any Outlook email, and the IE browser would automatically open it up. Now, it doesn't -- If I have a URL link mentioned in an email, I have to copy and paste it directly into the browser. If I just click on it in the email, it doesn't do anything.

How can I make it go back to opening up directly when I click on it in my email?

I already tried running the regsvr32 *.dll commands mentioned in another post on this forum, but it hasn't worked.

Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

In IE>tools>internet options>programs tab> reset web settings> click ok.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice