Help!! - Can't Share the Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rhapsody

OK - - -
i finally got the Network thingie working and now i have another prob: I CANNOT GET MY PRINTER TO SHARE. :(

the printer is hooked up the 2nd comp in my son's room and it works great with that comp. but the main comp cannot get the printer to print any thing.............. i get an error message of "trouble communicating with the printer." and- YES printer is turned on - lol.

main comp - Win XP
2nd comp - Win98se
printer - Lexmark X83
<<<< comp's are hooked together thru a router >>>>

Thx,
Rhapsody :D

Rhapsody

Ok - - -

w00t w00t = prob solved :D (y) ;)

i read another post concerning sharing printers and i followed the advcie that johnwill gave another member and it worked for me as well. it was the small thing that i was missing - one page was left undone for the sharing on the 2nd comp.

THX - A - MILLION Johnwill..................

Rhapsody (y) (y) (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online