help, can't stay connected to internet for more than about 45 seconds.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

april89

I try to go on the internet, i have comcast high speed. Sometimes it will work for about two websites for so, then it won't. It says I have shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm . If i click "Detect Network Settings" it will work for another 30 seconds or so. I have no idea what to do! Also the only way to stay connected is go to my Network Connections, then Local Area Connection 2 Status, then Support, and i click Repair. Could someone help me? Comcast has provided no help whatsoever.

i had the same prob when i had comcast. i tried everything to fix it cuz i thought it was a pc prob but i bugged them enough so they sent a truck out. come to find out there was a huge signal leak. do you have any splitters on the cable that is run for your internet? if so try and take them off and try it. other than that you will have to keep calling them

april89

ok, I've tried everything. i do have splitters, but could there be any other reason for this?

i'll put my $$ on there being a signal leak. when you call comcast they should be able to test your signal strength. you can also request a truck to come out to look at it. the bad thing is they will charge you if they don't find anything wrong, so you may want to try a few things first. you can check your splitters and make sure you don't have any open splices, for example if there is a 3-way splitter where you have a port for a line in and 2 ports for lines out, make sure both outgoing ports are used. if there is an empty one you will need a barrel which just joins 2 lines to make one line. if you have a splitter in the same room you may want to hook the line straight into the modem and bypass the splitter entirely to see if that helps. i hope this helps and doesn't confuse you. post back with any questions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online