HELP!!! Cant Turn On Automatic Updates!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AsILayDying

Whenever i go into control panel, then system, then the automatic updaets tab the "Turn On Automatic Updates" bubble is faded so i cant turn it on or cant turn access any of the A.U. controls period. Can someone please help me out?????

Is it disabled in Services?

click START, PROGRAMS, ADMIN TOOLS, then SERVICES

Look for Automatic Update, open it, and change Startup Type to Automatic

Hope that helps

AsILayDying

Nope...still doesnt work..it was set on automatic when the window popped up in Systems...what now???...

thank you for replying

AsILayDying said:
Whenever i go into control panel, then system, then the automatic updaets tab the "Turn On Automatic Updates" bubble is faded so i cant turn it on or cant turn access any of the A.U. controls period. Can someone please help me out?????
Personally, I would consider it a blessing if the auto update did not work...doc

AsILayDying

Well i want the updates for the computer so i dont get anymore viruses that are already eating away at my computer!!

If you don't want viruses, then you want your autoupdate turned on for your antivirus. Not all microsoft updates are necessary. There is a .net and a journal viewer update that most people don't need. I read each update and then decide if I will download it...doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online