1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help center opens by itself

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mooseye, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooseye

mooseye Thread Starter

Here's a good on for someone.
    On an hp laptop ze5470us xp sp2 the windows help and support center will open by its self. Sometimes as many as 258 instances will try to open at one time. If I bring up the task manager, the task manager help window will also open and closing this window also closes the task manager. I have spybot s&d loaded and if it is running the spybot help window will also open. If I exit this help window it will immediately reopen until I close spybot s&d. I have tried system restore to earlier date and it still occurs. This happens with Internet connect or not.
    I have Mcafee virus software running and have updated and scanned with nothing found. I had this same problem a while back but it had stopped happening and has been fine for several months then yesterday it started again. Running spybot s&d usually finds one or two problems but have fixed them in the past with no problem.
    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem or what may be causing it?
    If more information is need please let me know.

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Your F1 key is sticking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice