1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help change my account to a limited user account!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LoneWolfUK, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolfUK

LoneWolfUK Thread Starter

Hi all.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition and I would like to use my current account as a Limited user account.

I realise that I will need at least one administrator account on my PC -- so I go into user accounts, create a new administrator account, then I try to change my current account to a limited account, but it will not let me!

See the screenshots;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like Admin to be administrator, and Dell07 to be Limited... I do not have the option to change Dell07 to limited for some strange reason.

I have managed to do this on my parents PC easily. I simply created another Administrator account, then changed their account to a limited one. I don't understand why this will not work on Windows XP MCE...

Any idea why this is happening?!

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You should log-on to the administrator account thru safe mode and this will allow you to change the account you want to so it will be a low-admin account. You can not change the account you are logged into t anything other than the account it is because it is the active account.

3. LoneWolfUK

LoneWolfUK Thread Starter

I tried that already.

I basically want a limited user account with the same settings and programs, etc as this adminstrator account.

When I create a new account, it does not let me chose "Limited account" in the setup (it is greyed out!).

I also can't seem to copy user profiles from the current adminstrator account to other accounts, it's all greyed out again...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice