1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP: Choosing right programming language

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by jobinjv, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jobinjv

jobinjv Thread Starter

During college days our batch collected data of all in the same batch and wanted to build a database. While the database should contain permanent datas like names, dob, fav things n stuff. There should be a coloumn where present contacts can be added.
    Could someone help me decide which language i could use so that i can achieve. If any have played Football manager, i was looking at something like that. I believe that uses XML. But what should i use as database.
    The main thing of all i have no depth knowledge in any programming but being a computer graduate jus know the basic.
    Pls help.

2. draceplace

draceplace

I wouldn't get to complicated with this and use something like MS ACCESS. Really a simple excel spreadsheet would get you started. Seems there was a sample database that did this??

If you Google 'contact freeware' you may find something ready for you to use. No reason to re-invent the wheel.

3. MRdNk

MRdNk

Depends on your needs.
    Do you need multiple users to access the data?
    If more then just you, does everyone have access to the same shared drive or computer? Or should they be able to access it from any computer connected to the Internet?
    How many records are you dealing with?

4. etch

etch

i dunno much about database programming decision , but all i know is that u have to be accurate of the size of the DB in this way ...

if ur DB wont exceed some hundreds of data , then u would use any simple file systems
    if ur DB will be in the range of 1000 to 30,000 of data , u may find Access or any similar database better for u ...
    if ur DB would be of range 50k to 500k ... then mySQL and SQL Server is ur solution ...
    more than that -- > its time for Oracle i think ...

(all ranges r 90% estimated , but i'm sure of the "Order" )

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice