1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help choosing some specs for thinkpad 13"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rkau085, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkau085

rkau085 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me understand and choose some spec for a new lenovo thinkpad edge 13 inch intel core 2 duo i plan on buying.
    So, is it worth spending an extra $100 (AUD) for 4GB RAM rather than 2GB (and obviously run the 64-bit OS rather than the 32-bit windows 7)?
    also is there a significant difference between the 320GB 5400rpm and the 320GB 7200rpm? what does it all mean?

It would probably help if i told you what i need the laptop for:
    -matlab and maple applications
    -Java and C programming (i would partition the hard drive so i could run linux rather than VMware)
    -CAD
    -some light gaming (like Dota, HoN, CS source, nothing like COD or crysis)

thanks heaps, and i hope you all had a very Merry Christmas :)

Ravi.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice