1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!! Cleaned Up Computer And Can Not Open Microsoft Word, Excel Power Point Ect.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chodaro, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chodaro

chodaro Thread Starter

Please help! cleaned up computer and ereased a lot of things that I didn't know what it was. I know bad. but, now when I go to open up microsoft word it is telling me to put in my cd in cd-rom and I do not have it because somebody installed it on the computer. I went into c:program files\microsoft office\office 10\1033\setup.hlp, and it was just telling me to put in the cd. Pleas help husband trying to use for work. Thank you

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Basically, if you're running Office and you don't have your installation CDs, you're not running it legally...in which case, we really cannot help you. If the program is licensed in your name, then you should have the installation CDs. I know of no other way to fix it without them anyway.

Sorry.

3. chodaro

chodaro Thread Starter

My husband's friend had installed a lot of programs on our computer. So if i ereased something I shouldn't does that mean that I have to reinstall all the programs that won't open. I didn't know that was illegal? I guess he was trying to help but, if you didn't buy the program then, that is wrong huh? Thanks anyway

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Yep. That's illegal use of the program, I'm sorry to say. And, actually, with your OK, I'll go ahead and delete this thread. We wouldn't want anyone coming after you--tho TSG people wouldn't do so. Also, unfortunately, MS Office will cost you a few hundred. You might want to check out E-Bay for a cheap copy. I strongly suggest that if you decide to buy, you DO NOT BUY ACADEMIC VERSIONS and ONLY BUY IF IT SAYS "UNWRAPPED IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE" or something like that.

Reply back if you want this thread deleted.

Good luck!

5. chodaro

chodaro Thread Starter

sorry it took so long. I had gotten everything deleted. turns out that the disk that my husbands friend had were actually bought from my husband for this computer. When we got married and moved, his friend (who used our computer) kept the disks. By accident. Didn't know the whole story, but, I'm sorry for making a big deal about it. Thank you for your concern. I guess when he went to register it, it gave him the option to register later is all and never rem. to do so. thanks again. You can erease if you would like.
    Thank you
    Christy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/129921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice