1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Comp crashing constantly!! Please?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bourbs, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bourbs

Bourbs Thread Starter

I really need help,
    I have an Acer Ferrari 4000/Windows XP
    I'm sorry I'm not sure what info you will need, please forgive my ignorance.
    It started crashing all the time, so my husband clearing everything out and re-installed everything, but it is still crashing, but now quite as much. It's a real nightmare. I've tried twice to get this message typed before it crashed. Please help, is there any way you can look at things and maybe help me?
    We really don't know what else to do on our own?

Thank you, Marie

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I was going to suggest it might be overheating,then I saw it was a laptop,dont know if they suffer the same way as desktops when they can get clogged up with dust around the exhaust vents,does sound like overheating though,and the protection circuits are shutting it down to avoid further damage ....

3. Bourbs

Bourbs Thread Starter

We vacuumed it, but don't know what else to do?

(Thank you for taking the time to answer!)

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Not much more you can do,you are using it on a desk I presume ? and not on carpet etc,where the air vents get blocked ...it may be that the fan on the processor is not working of course,it would have to be opened to check that, its not likely to be a virus or anything since you have done a re-install,so unless its a faulty fan or even a power supply fault I dont know what else to suggest,other than a trip to the repair shop,wish you well....wish I could help further,Id be interested to know if you find the fault ...

5. Bourbs

Bourbs Thread Starter

Hey Telecom,
    We have a cooling mat that's always on. It seems to be working a bit better after my husband did a little more. I will let you know.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice