Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Completly stumped

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  messcomp 
#1 ·
Hello here is the problem.

I have a 2.4 2 gig ram and a raid hard drive on my computer with 4 x 80g I'm not that raid literate and a friend helped me set it up but I know my way a bit with computers. The other night all of a sudden the computer froze up and when I tried to restart it I got this message

windows\sys32\config\system with the corrupt or missing system file.

First I tried getting my windows CD and using the "r" option to repair it but when I do that I get this message

"Setup did not find any hard drives on this computer etc..."

I was perplexed by this and went into my bios and under primary hardrive it detected nothing.

I hit ctrl S for the raid utility and in the raid options it shows the 4 hard drives.

I opened the case made sure everything was connected right and the 4 hard drives are hot still.

I have no idea what to try here and any help would be appreciated... I haven't backed up in awhile (never) and am stumped here

Thanks for the help.

See less See more
#5 ·
1. Go into the computer and make sure that one drive is set as "Master" and the other drive is set to "Slave". Then Master and Slave again for your other Hard Drives. (I'm not quite sure if SATA works as Master and Slave but if it does make sure it is that way.

2. Switch out on the motherboard where the SATA drives are connected. Put connection one to connection two and vis vursa

3. If you don't want to waste time trying to fix this, an alternative would be to hook your drive to another computer as a slave and backup what you need, then format the drive, redo it as a slave, put back on what you want, and swap it back out into your computer.

Is there anymore detail you could give about what you where doing before you got this error.

Hope this all works out

Jh3si

#8 ·
I was actually just surfing online when the computer just locked up

I could move the mouse for a couple seconds then I got the blue screen something about session3 failed to initialize or something. Then every time I try to restart it I get the same error.

I'll try changing the bios to defaults on everything.. and I wasn't sure if I could slave a raid drive to another computer... but I guess I could figure it out.

#12 ·
GrogUgluk said:
I was actually just surfing online when the computer just locked up

I could move the mouse for a couple seconds then I got the blue screen something about session3 failed to initialize or something. Then every time I try to restart it I get the same error.

I'll try changing the bios to defaults on everything.. and I wasn't sure if I could slave a raid drive to another computer... but I guess I could figure it out.
I have the same problem going on. Was their a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.