1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help !! Computer Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by addyca2005, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addyca2005

addyca2005 Thread Starter

:confused: Hope some one might be able to help me with this problem soon. Here is what happened; I put a cd into my cd rom & it wouldn't read it, so I thought maybe my cd rom was the problem. I unplugged the power cord for my cd rom & when I did, I accidently bumped one of the posts on the cd rom. My computer instantly shut down. I then proceeded to reboot my computer & when I did, it booted up but when it got to the Windows screen, it would not load & just stayed at that point. The task bar at the bottom right of my screen showed that it was loading, but would not go any further & would not open Windows.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened & what I need to do to get my computer up & running again? I am running Windows 2000 as my operating system. Any feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks

2. twizzie

twizzie

slow down there, no worries, this site's got microsoft pro's working here...no way ur comp is down for good, anyway when u said posts, what did u mean?

3. telegramsam

telegramsam

ANY time you are working inside your computer, you MUST shut it down!! You probably have figured that out by now, but your punishment is a free lecture :D

Now, with the computer shut down, open the case and check to see that the IDE cable to the CDROM is seated correctly in the back of the CDROM and in the motherboard itself. It wouldn't hurt to check all the other cables as well.

Look at the power pins on the back of the CDROM and make sure all four of them are straight and engage the connector properly. Then check the rest of the power supply connections.

Look everything over, and hose out the dust while you're in there...

Restart and post back with your results...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice