Help! Computer Goin CraZy....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cybertaz126

Hey Everyone,
Just awhile ago i was fixin to burn a CD and i went to open the cd-rw and the tray wouldn't come open and no LED's were on. So i looked in My Computer and it only reconized my regular CD-rom (E: ) not the CD-RW (F: ).
Then i opened up the case to see if somthing came loose and it looked fine too. So i restarted the computer and the COMPAQ screen popped up with a little white flashing box in the top right corner. a few seconds later the screen said:
The Following Configuration opitions were automatically updated:
Disk 1: 14324 [MB], Disk 3: CD-ROM, Disk 4: CD-ROM
Can sombody tell me whats goin on :confused: ?

Preciate It,
Cybertaz

with the computer off open the case and check the cable links by pulling them out and plugging them back in. then if that does not work swap connections with the other drive. if worst comes to worst your drive might be dead

cybertaz126

I tried switching the connections earlier and it didn't do anything but i'll try it again. Its worth a shot. BUT any more suggestions?
Thanks,
Cybertaz126

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online