1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! Computer Goin CraZy....

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cybertaz126, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybertaz126

cybertaz126 Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,
    Just awhile ago i was fixin to burn a CD and i went to open the cd-rw and the tray wouldn't come open and no LED's were on. So i looked in My Computer and it only reconized my regular CD-rom (E: ) not the CD-RW (F: ).
    Then i opened up the case to see if somthing came loose and it looked fine too. So i restarted the computer and the COMPAQ screen popped up with a little white flashing box in the top right corner. a few seconds later the screen said:
    The Following Configuration opitions were automatically updated:
    Disk 1: 14324 [MB], Disk 3: CD-ROM, Disk 4: CD-ROM
    Can sombody tell me whats goin on :confused: ?

Preciate It,
    Cybertaz

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

with the computer off open the case and check the cable links by pulling them out and plugging them back in. then if that does not work swap connections with the other drive. if worst comes to worst your drive might be dead

3. cybertaz126

cybertaz126 Thread Starter

I tried switching the connections earlier and it didn't do anything but i'll try it again. Its worth a shot. BUT any more suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Cybertaz126

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice