1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Computer Keeps Booting into BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazymansixty9, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazymansixty9

crazymansixty9 Thread Starter

I have recently moved from one location to another. I of course brought my comp. After hooking everything back up to my new location (USA). It boots up in BIOS and wont go any further. If I type Alt+Ctrl+Del, it does restart, but back into my BIOS. I have reseated my memory and removed all PCI cards. BIOS shows all my IDE devices as well. Has anyone had this problem before? How can I go about fixing it?
    Thanks -Andrew

MoBo = Aopen MX46-533V

I have 3 HDs and DvDROM installed.

2. norton850

norton850

Was your previous location also USA? Just to clarify when you say that it goes it to BIOS are you referring to what is also call Setup?

3. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Quite often when booting a pc and it goes to the BIOS first, the CPU MHZ has changed from the installed processor to a lesser MHZ........check and make sure the cpu is at the right setting ( for example; if your cpu is 1.4G, make sure it says 1400 instead of something much smaller). If so, change that value save and exit. It should boot up fine.....................also if that's not it, we need more info.....where did you move from (within the USA or to the USA), brand/model of system, system specs.......................

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like it's not finding the boot drive. Did you check during the BIOS POST and see if it recognizes all the disks? Did you try booting from a CD or floppy?

5. squidboy

squidboy

Just a thought, were you in a country that used 220 volts as a standard? Your power supply should be set for 120v in (most all of) the United States.

6. crazymansixty9

to answer all the above Q's.....
    yes it was from Atlanta to my home city Brunswick, within the same state of GA.
    and its voltage setting is fine.
    yes it recognizes all disk drives.
    no it wont get to the part where it tries to boot to a cd or disk. so no i cannot even attempt to boot with either.
    i will check on the voltage setting for the cpu after i right this reply.

any more suggestions

aopen system
    aopen mobo
    p4 2.4 ghz processer

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like the hard drive quit...have you tried reseating all the cables?

8. crazymansixty9

well thats the thing, its shows all my HD's being recognized...3 total and a DVD rom.
    I will try reseating the cables..i am having my doubts. any more suggestions??

9. crazymansixty9

WOOOOOAH, can u believe it!!!!? Turns out its my damn keyboard. I must of wrapped the cord around it during the moving process and the del key got stuck or something.. tried booting with another keyboard... booted up fine! thanks for all the help and suggestions.

-Drew

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Good one!!!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!