Help Computer Reboots Without Warning!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spirittoo

crjdriver said:
Any repeating problem with apps or system.
The only repeated warning I get is about a extra data drive I have that is almost full. I deleted some files.:confused:

crjdriver

Have you run prime95 or other benchmark type app in safe mode to test the hardware?

I had the same problem a while back and after i installed a 500Watts power supply, it stopped rebooting.

spirittoo

crjdriver said:
Have you run prime95 or other benchmark type app in safe mode to test the hardware?
No not yet. It is user friendly correct? I just need to start the program and it will do the rest?

crjdriver

No, you will need to set some parameters. Read the documentation on the web site.

spirittoo

crjdriver said:
No, you will need to set some parameters. Read the documentation on the web site.
Thanks for your help, but it looks like this is a bit torrent problem. I believe you say you are not allow to discuss this (amerkia land of the free?):eek: so I will have to find a forum that is allow to discuss the matter.

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciated it.;)

ETS

Just a long shot, but are your drives formatted with FAT32? If so, you may be trying to download too big a file.

spirittoo

Yes they are but I have downloaded using fat32 before using XP. 2000 has many of xp's functions could there be a difference in this regard?

spirittoo

crjdriver said:
There is a 4 gig max for fat32 regardless of the os.
The file I was downloading was no where near that size .... only 350 MB.:confused:

ETS

You mentioned earlier that you get warnings about having too many files on your data drive.
Though 350 meg doesn't approach the 4gig limit it is still a pretty big file. Are you sure you have enough free disk space for it?

spirittoo

Hi everyone .... I just wanted you to know the problem has been solved.

For some reason bit tornado and win2000pro don't get along. When I started using a different client .... utorrent .... the rebooting problem stopped.

I was able to download a file with no problems.

So if any of you exprience this try switching to a different client.

Thank to everyone that posted comments and help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online