1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! computer won't boot? Turns on, but doesn't go to login screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghostlander, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostlander

ghostlander Thread Starter

So. I turn my desktop on today, and it sits there, the main monitor light just blinks, my secondary monitor, after showing the MSI screen, just shows this http://i.imgur.com/hCBoFyd.jpg

After that, nothing. Computer is still on but nothing happens. I was thinking maybe something is wrong with my primary monitor, so I type in my password and hit enter. no sounds. I unplug my primary monitor and restart. No change.

My computer was also unplugged all night. The only changes made yesterday was the installation of System tools. Would that screw my computer over?

Any advice, tips, suggestions, or explanations are all welcome. I use this computer for working, and I have a mountain of important information on it.

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Hi ghostlander, welcome. We need more information about your computer. This will be a good start. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Can you explain this in more detail please?

3. microlady

microlady

although it is best to give more info as above requested.....you might consider checking out your computer power supply. I just went through one that died and my monitor came on but no picture and
    my Bios would not boot up. Just replaced the dead one and all came to life. You may not have the same problem but it is always something to keep in mind when all dies..I am ordering another one as a backup so I can test it right away if my computer goes silent in the future. Just a thought.......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!