1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help converting gif to high res photoshop image.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Fyzbo, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fyzbo

Fyzbo Thread Starter

My mom found a gif she would like to use on a family website. I want to build a theme around it, but it's tough using just a flat gif. I wonder if anyone could turn this image into a photoshop document so that I can change colors, make shadows, etc.

Alternatively if someone is up for the challenge of making a similar image with a higher resolution I would be both thankful and impressed.

She likes the image as my family has 5 people, my parents and three children (two girls and a boy).

[​IMG]

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

here's a .psd...

won't upload for some reason...

Attached Files:

3. hewee

hewee

Buck on the monkeytree image it has a black background.
    I took the monkeytree.gif and saved it as monkeytree.psd but it also added a white background.
    Reason the .gif was only 256 color. So I converted it to high color and then saved it.
    Now it has the layers and no background on the image.

Also saved it as monkeytree.png that has no background and is only 256 colors and the file size is a whole lot smaller.

Edit:
    Darn I uploaded both images but only the monkeytree.png is showing so will delete it and make new post for it.

Attached Files:

4. hewee

hewee

.psd format

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice