Help converting gif to high res photoshop image.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fyzbo

My mom found a gif she would like to use on a family website. I want to build a theme around it, but it's tough using just a flat gif. I wonder if anyone could turn this image into a photoshop document so that I can change colors, make shadows, etc.

Alternatively if someone is up for the challenge of making a similar image with a higher resolution I would be both thankful and impressed.

She likes the image as my family has 5 people, my parents and three children (two girls and a boy).

Buck on the monkeytree image it has a black background.
I took the monkeytree.gif and saved it as monkeytree.psd but it also added a white background.
Reason the .gif was only 256 color. So I converted it to high color and then saved it.
Now it has the layers and no background on the image.

Also saved it as monkeytree.png that has no background and is only 256 colors and the file size is a whole lot smaller.

Edit:
Darn I uploaded both images but only the monkeytree.png is showing so will delete it and make new post for it.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online