1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help converting .JRC file to .MP3

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by novice88, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. novice88

novice88 Thread Starter

Hello Techguy Forum,

I am hoping someone here can help me. Here is my situation.

My Chinese wife has a neat little audio device that she was given that lets her listen to Chinese preaching in her own language. The device has literally hundreds if not thousands of files on an SD card. I opened it up and tried to extract the files hoping that they were in .mp3 format hoping she could put these audio files in her own mp3 player as the device has a horrible interface and no way of knowing what file is being played besides going one-by-one.

But the files ended up being .jrc. I've never heard of this kind of file and have searched and searched but have found very little on this and nothing about .jrc as an audio file.

Is there anyone who knows anything about this or how to go about converting such a file into an mp3?

==> I tried to upload one of the files that I copied of the SD card to practice on but I got an 'upload error'. It may be too big of a file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much.

Novice88

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Maybe someone knows an easier way ....
    But if you can play the audio in your computer from her player ...
    You can record the audio with the freeware Audacity .. Edit as needed and save as mp3.

Zip the jrc and attach the zip folder .. 500kb max

3. novice88

novice88 Thread Starter

Noyb,

Thank you for your reply. I was beginning to wonder if anyone even read my post.

First, your suggestion is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. Because of the shear number of sermons that is on this device it would just be easier to listen to them through the device. If there were a player of some kind that we could extract them and play them through the computer we would do that as well. But .jrc seems to be a very unique file format.

Again, the little device she has (about the size of two matchboxes put side-by-side) is a great resource for her but there is only a little bitty LCD display that only shows a number. When I looked at the SD card there seems to be different folders for different kinds of audio files. I've found out that some of them are also music....Chinese Christian praise music.

I would really like to be able to help her get these files into something that she can manage better.

I will give audacity a shot at reading the file but playing the file and recording each one is not really possible.

thank you very much.

Novice88

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I gave the question to Google ... I saw some mention of a free program that'll open anything ... (But Not sure I believe that)
    Not wanting to install pgms and remove them for testing on my SSD ... I didn't try anything.

5. novice88

novice88 Thread Starter

Noyb,

Thank you for the input. What was the name of the program? I'd be willing to try anything.

I appreciate your help so much.

Novice88

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  7. novice88

novice88 Thread Starter

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried File Viewer Pro and it doesn't work.

I've tried Audacity and it will only allow the file to be imported as a raw file and then it puts out only static.

I'm wondering if anybody else has any suggestions.

:(

thank you

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice