Help!!! Corrupted WPA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EngHuatOng

Dear all,

I repaired Windows XP with friends Windows XP CD without backing up WPA.DBL.

Now I am stuck with windows activation loop.

Urgently need a copy of WPA.DBL for IBM ThinkPad X60 with Windows XP.

if you have the same machine as I do, please send a copy of C:\WNDOWS\SYSTEM32\WPA.DBL to
[email protected].

Thank you.

EngHuatOng

Dir Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your response.

Microsoft require installation ID which is supposed to be displayed on Activation Windows.

My problem is that the Activation Windows did not pop-up and therefore I couldn't read installation ID to the MS Support.

I do not have original IBM Recovery CD because it was installed in a Recovery Partition.
Another problem is that I couldn't access to the Recovery Partition.

And therefore I am seeking for WPA.DBL for similar machine.

Thanks.

EH

TerryNet

Terry
prunejuice gave you the next step if you have lost your legitimate Product key. Closing.

TerryNet

Terry
TheOutcaste has asked for this to be posted. It may solve your issue legitimately.

This sounds like the issue where a repair install is done with IE7 or IE8 installed, you can't get to the Activation window. He doesn't need the file, just needs to uninstall/re-install IE.

Perhaps you can add this link to the thread, that might fix the issue and let him activate it normally:
From Solved: Windows Activation Notification
http://forums.techguy.org/7587771-post4.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online