help creating a network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sdogg45

im very good with computers in all areas except for networking, so this is where i need your help. we have two computers in our house. one that runs windows 95 and the other that runs windows 98. the 98 came preinstalled with a networking card and i installed the 95's networking card. is there any way that i can connect these two computers together via a network without using some sort of central hub that i commonly see used in networks? what i mean is can i take a networking cable (please specify which one i should use) and plug the two together to establish a network? are there any system requirements of each system to do this? what about software? any help is very much appreciated. thanks.
steve

Hi

I am not very good with Networks either but.....

I have two PC's in my home (Me and XP) and have just purchased the Intel Anypoint Wireless II system for them. Not "really" easy to set up, but after a call to customer support, both PC's are now talking to each other, both can access the www at the same time and all this without a central hub.

Expensive option, but it works!

Good luck

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online