1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help creating a network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sdogg45, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdogg45

sdogg45 Thread Starter

im very good with computers in all areas except for networking, so this is where i need your help. we have two computers in our house. one that runs windows 95 and the other that runs windows 98. the 98 came preinstalled with a networking card and i installed the 95's networking card. is there any way that i can connect these two computers together via a network without using some sort of central hub that i commonly see used in networks? what i mean is can i take a networking cable (please specify which one i should use) and plug the two together to establish a network? are there any system requirements of each system to do this? what about software? any help is very much appreciated. thanks.
    steve

2. brianF

brianF

3. theMusicMan

theMusicMan

Hi

I am not very good with Networks either but.....

I have two PC's in my home (Me and XP) and have just purchased the Intel Anypoint Wireless II system for them. Not "really" easy to set up, but after a call to customer support, both PC's are now talking to each other, both can access the www at the same time and all this without a central hub.

Expensive option, but it works!

Good luck

John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice