1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help: D-Link Wireless Adapter Not Working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by matthewgreyling, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matthewgreyling

matthewgreyling Thread Starter

I have a D-Link wireless adapter (DWL-G122) that I have been trying to install on a Windows XP computer. After various uninstalls and reinstalls of the drivers and programs that come with it, I have found currently the best way to get it to work is leave the D-Link programs uninstalled and have Windows install the driver itself.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to keep the drivers on restarting, so every time the computer is restarted, it must be installed again. This is not ideal.

It occasionally worked when I installed from the CD, but the D-Link programs that would install with the drivers created problems of their own.

Is there anything that could be causing these drivers to be deleted every session? Or perhaps they are not being installed correctly by Windows?

The computer is running Windows XP SP3

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Welcome to TSG.
    What I might do is display the adapter in device manager.Go to the drivers tab.Note what library and driver are being pointed to.Is that the correct version driver? If not,I might go through the update driver script,and point to the driver and location that you want to use and see if that sticks over a re-boot.

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

I have moved to networking forum

have you tried the driver from the d-link site
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=334 - support resources -
    you need to choose which revision you have
    and then you can download the driver for XP from there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983911