1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help deciphering old handwriting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Forward, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Hi peoples

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me decipher handwriting on an old death certiificate? (I zipped it up for size)

I am researching the individual shown first on this document - Bridget Layden

I am having a hard time with two items on this scanned image
    1. the first name of the father
    2. the cause of death; the word to the left of "dropsy"

If i could figure out what the letters are on the cause of death, I think I could guess at the father's first name as the first letter appears to be the same.
    It looks like the first letter is also in the cemetary, but I can't seem to Google-match that location.

Any takers out there?

:)

Attached Files:

2. Papermoon

Papermoon

I think the name is Michael, and the cause of death is Myocaritis, infection and swelling of the heart.

3. grngal

grngal

4. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies :) :)

Papermoon .. I think you are right.
    Correct for sure on cause of death; it makes sense
    and if I use that as a starting point, it seems like "Michael" would fall in line with the writing style
    I did find a "St. Michael's" hospital and cemetery online in Toronto, but no sign of a St. Richard

So I will go with "M"

thank you both for checking into this file and for your time

:)

oops - thank you 2U2 grngal ... off to check your link

edit
    I just called the funeral home (Rosars) on the death cert - and they confirm that they indeed inter at St. Michael's
    thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice