Help, Desktop shorcuts and folders properties opens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shorty777

Hello computer is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002
I have been having trouble with my desktop, i try to click on my shortcuts and folders but they just open up the properties menu like if you were to right click and click on properties. If this has already been asked please post a link to that thread.
Some important things you should know is that I have two games and one of them i have to go right click on desktop properties, settings, advanced, then trouble shoot and change the hardware acceleration to the third one from the start ( disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations as well as ... use this setting to correct severe problems with directX accelerated applications) and then for they other game i switch it to the 6h one further-est right on Full. I switch to each one to play the different game, but then the shortcut to open anything or folder opens their properties menu. thanks :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online