Solved Help diagnosing why PC is crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ForNextI

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic! Just played ESO on Ultra for an hour with no crash!!

Changing my heat sink from a moderately priced one from 4 years ago to a low-end one by todays standards, and using a moderately priced thermal paste --

--- I have a 30 degree Celsius drop when running the most torturous of benchmark tests, and a 40 degree drop when gaming!!!!! That is for the CPU...

-- The GPU temps have dropped as well -- partially because of the overall case temp dropping, but also because I believe the GTX 750 runs cooler when the MB is horizontal - which makes the graphics card vertical and allows heat to escape out the side. The 750 in a tower ends up with the fan underneath and heat kinda being trapped by the main circuit board above it.

Ran all the tests that OCCT offers and had no probs. Ram, VRam, CPU, GPU, Power torture test

HW Monitor is a far better gauge of various systems and also monitors GPU HotSpot -- which is usually about 10c higher than standard reported temps - So - it is possible I was watching my CPU run hot and thinking it was the problem, when actually it may have been the GPU triggering the crashes. Either way, I hope they are a thing of the past!!

If you don't hear from me, then no news is good news!! ;-)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online