1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP! Disabling old graphics card`

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Meyecrobe, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Meyecrobe

Meyecrobe Thread Starter

I am trying to install a new graphics card onto my computer. The problem is I can not take out my onboard graphics controller. I seem to keep getting the same results when I search the net for how to disable the onboard graphics card. I need to disable through BIOS but I have no clue how to do it. I have the new card installed on the AGP port... Please if anyone can tell me what to take out through BIOS or what I need to do in order for this to work. I can get to bios lol, just no clue which to take out.!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have a look for anything in bios to disable graphics - it may not have anything there - I installed a graphics card into a HP PC last weekend and it did not have the option in the bios.
    However, the new board was detected and worked OK- I then went into device manager and disabled the onboard there - BUT only when the new one was working

3. Meyecrobe

Meyecrobe Thread Starter

The problem is I have no clue how to disable the old card or make it the new one my primary agp card. Please give me some instructions how to do it

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you plug the screen into the agp cards connector does it work?
    otherwise
    post make model of Motherboard and graphics card etc
    as much info as possible

5. Meyecrobe

Meyecrobe Thread Starter

So far when I rebooted (actually talking for my bf here lol) the screen didnt go black, so I would assume that is the good thing. It is plugged into the agp port. But he is going to test his game and see if everything is running fine. Before when he got his Geforce card, made everything purple. Which lead me to believe his cards were conflicting. Btw to make this easier, if you have yahoo add me: graphexsphreak
    Might make this a little easier

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sorry not on yahoo
    and if you reply here you'll get a lot more advice from a lot of people rather than 1-1
    so I'm a bit confused
    1)
    and
    2)
    can you post the symptoms you have now
    + some details as requested

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice