1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! dlink dwl-520+ driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lrpbpb, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrpbpb

Lrpbpb Thread Starter

I am desperate! I have looked in some 20+ sites and downloaded some 15+ differnet drivers for the dwl 520+ wireless pci adapter, tried to install them but with no results. Most of the drivers I downloaded don't come as a .exe put as a .zip or .rar, and when I decompress them the only executable is for installing a dlink airplus utility. So I install the utility and restart the computer, but now the "wireless bars" have a black X over them, and when I double click it says "no driver load". So obviously no driver was installed, but there is no other .exe.

Later I try to install the driver through the .inf file (by going to device manager) but when I try to do so a dialog says that the file doesn't provide information about the hardware.

And after looking for 2 hours I finally find a file that is only .exe file, to find that when I double click on it winzip comes up (it doesn't run!!:mad:), so I decompress it and find the same things I found previously in the .zip/rar files

I am desperate as I have installed some 15 drivers and still no results. (I assume that I have uninstalled them prior to installing a new one)

I would like to have a link to working dlink dwl 520+ driver and a step by step process on how the f*** to install the driver. Any help would be be greatley appreciated ;)

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Can you find the card in Device Manager and click on Properties then on Details. Take a note of the PCI and Dev details - usually the first four characters is enough- and input them at this site http://www.pcidatabase.com/ which will give you the precise detail of the device and of who manufactured it, along with a hyperlink, hopefully. You may have upset the system, with so many false starts but with a bit of luck you can uninstall all that after you've found and installed the proper driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice