help .....don't know how to proceed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twistedvince

I just typed a huge descriptive letter,went to send it and .....Goodbye!!Gone!!I'll just list whats going on.
I ahve a hp pavilion 521n
upgraded from maxtor 80g hd to western digital 150g hd
upgraded from 384g to 1g of ram(system limit)
everest shows that i have 1 stick of 512 ram and 1 stick of 128
pc wizard says the same
i right click on my computer and it says i have the full 1g of ram.
i ran the prime95 "torture test" and it immediately showed errors and said they were hardware related.
now i need to know what it could be so i can fix/upgrade/replace the culprit.
let me know what to scan and attach to help out.
Thanks in advance....
Mark

bicycle bill

Banned
matt_aj said:
It sounds like the new memory might be bad. I would try it one stick at a time.
Maybe you did this. I have done it before.

Maybe this is the answer.
When you are working on your email message and inadvertantly tap Control+A and hit any other key. Bummer. All the document will be gone except that one letter you struck after Control+A.
Control+A selects all the text in the document and is supposed to be used to choose sections of text to cut or to move elsewhere in the document. To copy text you tap Control+C after doing Control+A. Moves are done by hitting Control+X after selecting and moving the cursor to the new location and typing Control+V.

But if you hit another key after doing a Control+A,the software will replace the entire document with whatever letter you hit. Typing Control+Z a few times will undo this tummy tightener of a nuisance.

twistedvince

This is strange....I got the ram from "upgrade nation"...twice.i tested the first two sticks and i found errors,so i sent them back.I then requested that replacements be pretested before sending them out....which they were(they said)I then ran memtest overnight and no errors came up.I then ran prime95 torture test for an hour and a half with no errors.However,I ran it this past evening and it came up with an error.This morning I ran memtest again and it immediately showed errors.Motherboard moniter shows my case temp at 120 F and my cpu at 32 F....so the temps seem to be ok(right?)I don't know what to do next.Replace the ram....again?What are the chances of getting bad ram twice in a row.If I need to....what brand would be best(and reasonably priced) to replace it with?I really need to get this taken care of asap as I'm getting WAYYY behing on my work.
Thanks....

PS
This is troublesome as well.I right click on my computer-properties and it says I have 0.99gb ram.It says I have 1015 mb with everest.Yet pc wizard says I have 2 banks of 512 with only 640 mb total memory.....needless to say,I'm quite confused.

Save time get te ram from a local computer shop it is better and quicker. Also have them install it so you know that it is going to work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online