1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP dual graphics card not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prosthetix, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prosthetix

prosthetix Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new laptop to be able to play games and entertain myself on the go, so pretty much game... (brand new laptop)
    at one stage the laptop was working completely fine after simply using the NVIDIA control panel to configure the settings to use the GTX graphics card instead of the integrated CPU graphics. but after afew weeks of downloading my list of games from steam and playing... all of a sudden the games wouldn't run properly, i'm not 100% sure why... (frames were beyond low enough to play... and i know i had the power to be able to play these games...)
    not sure if my dedicated graphics has decreased, or my HDD space has anything to do with it (i have only used around 450 GB out of the 1 TB HDD!) or how to configure my GPU, or CPU or whatever! if anyone has methods to solve this problem please let me know! would really appreciate it!

My specs are -
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
    8GB RAM
    External graphics - GTX 850M graphics card
    Integraded graphics - Intel HD graphics 4600
    NVIDIA Driver version - 347.09
    Resolution - 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz

Thanks for your support!

2. Sponsor

3. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

What is the Manufacturer and exact model of the laptop?

4. prosthetix

Its from Dell
    its a Inspiron 14, 7000 series

5. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

Can you post the service tag number, I searched the Dell site and it doesn't show any Inspiron 14 7000 series laptops. It does show Inspiron 15 7000 series laptops though.

6. prosthetix

Alright no problem!
    Service tag - 7HMKY22
    Express service code - 16303330154

7. prosthetix

I just don't understand what could be wrong, unless its a faulty graphics card, but then what could explain the few weeks of completely stable gametime.
    i played ARMA 3 which pretty much put the graphics card to the test. and now i can't even run games like league of legends.

8. replay

replay

If it's "brand new" u have the ability to get some tech support from dell (they will have u do some hardware tests probably)
    Also u have the choice to return it and try a new one

9. prosthetix

well its not even a month old so i'd say its brand new, yea im going to get help soon, doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do

thanks for trying to help though guys!

10. dotty999

dotty999 Dotty

you'd be better contacting Dell as it's within the warranty period,several things could have attributed to the issues you're having and if you fiddle with it yourself without knowledge you could be doing more harm than good and it could void your warranty.

Hope this helps:)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140326