1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help d'z Game freezes

Discussion in 'Games' started by jhem-STER, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhem-STER

jhem-STER Thread Starter

im playing NBA 2k10 .. then it freezes .. then all of a sudden it happens often .. then the only way i can have my system works again is by restarting the whole pc then i will receive the " youre system has recovered from a serious ...... " error message .. dont know what caused this problem but my pc is running other games ok .. hoping help from you guys .. this is the error code im getting

C: DOCUMENTS~1\GAARA\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER8A27.dir00\mini121910-01.dmp
    C: DOCUMENTS~1\GAARA\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER8A27.dir00\sysdata.xml

these are my systems specs :
    AMD quad core ATHLON II 635 (2.9G)x4
    Inno3d gt465 1gb
    ASUS m4a78lt-m LE
    2gb of ram ddr3 1333mhz
    500 gb hard disk
    700 PSU
    2 exhaust & 2 cpu fans
    windows xp sp3
    norton internet security
    malwarebytes

so far these are the steps that i have perform w/c i felt invain:confused::(
    1) disk clean up
    2) run full scan both malwarebytes and norton
    3) defrag disk
    4) update video card drivers
    5) pc works okay with other games
    6) planning to uninstall or reinstall the games just not quite sure if the error message has something to do with the game or dont know if reformating the o.s would help

.... please help

2. Jolt_M

Jolt_M

what OS u on? and unless you know what ur doing I HIGHLY advise you dont mess with the operating system. Reinstalling should be fine and will probably fix the problem as it looks like your other games can run so there is no problem with running games in general. You could check to make sure your CPU and Video card meet the minimum requirements for the game. They may be on the edge of working for the game and can only run it for a bit before crashing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice