1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help emachines ????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by freddy1, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freddy1

freddy1 Guest Thread Starter

hi i bought this computer at a trifty store and i got home and i found that has a problem that i have never seen, the problem is that i just plug in the back cable to the power supply box and it turns on directly i don't even have to turn it on from the front botton and it does'n even show any windows it doesn't detect my monitor too

what can it be :confused:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Many computers have a BIOS setting that has the computer power up as soon as AC power is applied. That could be happening here.

Some people reformat the hard drive in an effort to remove their private documents and personal information from the computer before donating it to a charity. They may not have re-installed any operating system.

Are there any open expansion slots on the computer. The previous owner may have pulled out a video controller card before donating the computer.

3. negotiator75

negotiator75

Try opening the computer case and clean out the dust and make sure that there is not anything loose inside.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What makes you think the monitor isn't detected? If absolutely nothing is displayed, including during the boot process, I doubt the computer is actually booting. Then you're looking at problems with hardware.

5. freddy1

freddy1 Guest Thread Starter

ok wen i plug my computer to the electricity it automatic turns on the proccesor fan and it turns a orange light at the front but nothing more happens
    i open my computer and i think that someone mix up the cables on the motherboard the
    power sw,hdd led,power led so what i did.. i unplug those cables and plug them back correctly something like this
    [​IMG]

and now the orange ligth at the front went away but still nothing happen.
    what should i do??

6. negotiator75

negotiator75

Do you hear any beeps? If not, see if the speaker is plugged in there correctly. Beeps are very helpful.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/794404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice